“We build a BETTER nation through QUALITY education To Guide the students To Ladder of Successes; To Arise and Shine”
Sairam Matriculation Higher Secondary School started in the year 2008 with the aim of providing quality education to the younger generation in the semi- urban areas of West Tambaram, Chennai – 44. It is another prestigious unit of Sai Ram Group of Educational Institutions, a well established school with the aim of imparting sound, all-round education, with special emphasis on the character building of students. The object is to turn out disciplined young students with leadership qualities and a sense of responsibility to serve the country.
The school started with Pre KG, LKG, UKG and standard I to VII in 2008 with 554 students. In the subsequent years, the school developed into Higher Secondary School with admission of more and more students as detailed below :
|2008 – 2009||554 Students (Std Pre KG – VII)
|2009 – 2010||953 Students (Std Pre KG – VIII)
|2010 – 2011||1332 Students (Std Pre KG – IX)
|2011 – 2012||1679 Students (Std Pre KG = X)
|2012 – 2013||1688 Students (Std Pre KG – XI)
|2013 – 2014||1756 Students (Std LKG – XII)
|2014 – 2015||2014 Students (Std LKG – XII)
|2015 – 2016||2232 (LKG-XII)
|2016 – 2017||2245 ( LKG - XII )
|2017 - 2018||2214 (LKG – XII )
The vision of our school is to cultivate excellent students through education with high self – esteem, which in turn will enable them to lead a happy, gratifying and purposeful life.
The Management employs only experienced and trained teachers, who are devoted to their vocation. The teaching staff helps the school to progress scaling new heights of excellence and efficiency. The school has well – equipped laboratories and a library. Twice in a week we have Yoga and Music, and dance for classes I to VIII. In addition to these activities, the management offers good computer education to all students from Std I. to Std XII. The medium of instruction is English, Tamil and Hindi are compulsory languages from LKG to VIII Std. Hindi also is taught as a Second Language.
The motto of the school is TO GUIDE THE STUDENTS TO LADDER OF SUCCESS TO “ARISE AND SHINE”.
- Pupils are expected to show gentleness and courtesy to others at all times. Refinement of manners should distinguish every pupil of this school. The students should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct.
- The uniform, which is to be made according to the school pattern, must be worn daily, no other patterns are allowed. Students wearing old, discoloured or badly fitting uniform will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Pupils are expected to take good care of their books and personal belongings. The books should be covered and marked distinctly with the pupil’s name, class and section.
- Students must do remedy at their cost for any damages to school property including ink stains. Each child will be responsible for the desk and chair that he / she uses.
- Pupils must have the textbooks and stationery items prescribed for their respective classes before the school reopens. Children will not be allowed outside purchase to get school books. All pupils should carry their books in a canvas or a leather bag. Borrowing of books, pens, pencils etc will not be allowed.
- Children who travel by bus must travel only in your specified route bus. Indisciplineed behaviour in the bus will make a student ineligible to travel in the school bus.
- Students are advised not to bring valuables like expensive pens, watches, jewellery etc to school. The school is not responsible for such goods or money lost by students.
- Use of polythene is strictly, banned in the school.
- Any confiscated material like lotions, creams, lip balms etc from the bags of students will not be returned.
Students Are Expected To Observe The Following :
|First Bell||8.50 a.m
|Forenoon Session||9.15 a.m – 12.05 p.m
|Lunch Break||12.05 p.m – 12.35 p.m
|Afternoon Session||12.35 p.m – 3.25 p.m
- Enter the school premises in your school uniform only. You are not supposed to come to school for whatever purpose in a casual dress except with the special permission from the Principal. This includes PTM and all other activities related to the school.
- Students are not allowed to bring cell phones to school, receive visitors or make / receive telephone calls during school except for serious reasons that too with permission.
- Students will not be granted permission to leave the school during school hours, except for a very serious reason.
- No pupil should be sent to school if suffering from a contagious or an infectious disease or if there are any such cases in his/her house or the child is too sick to attend the class.
- Circulars will be given from time to time regarding meeting, change in uniform etc. Students and Parents should act on these notices in time. Some notices, such as Parent Teacher Meeting (PTM) require your signature and will have to be returned with acknowledgment and / or confirmation.
- The report cards will be given only to the parents. Representatives / relatives will not be allowed at meetings or allowed to take the report cards.
- Discipline shall be strictly enforced in the best interests of the school. Hence, unauthorized absence, objectionable behavior, disobedience to teachers, staff members, possession of objectionable literature, books, letters etc will not be allowed.
- The Principal will not be met by parent without prior appointment except at the time mentioned for visitors.
- Office shall remain closed on all Sundays and on all public holidays.
- The decision of the Principal will be final in all matters related to the school.
- Do not keep long nails nor apply nail polish on them.
- Do not stitch pencil stitch pants for boys.
- Do not dye hair. It is strictly forbidden.
- Tattoo on any visible part of your body is not permitted.
- Applying of henna / decoration of hand is not allowed.
- Shaping of eyebrows is not allowed.
- While in school, all the girl students should have a Blue ribbon tied on their hair.
- Gold chains, finger rings, bangles are not permitted.
- Multiple piercing of ear on lobes is discouraged. Wearing earrings is not allowed. Ear tops may be worn in place of earrings. More than one ear top is not allowed.
- No gadgets such as ipods, mobile phones or cameras are allowed in the school.
- Your uniform should be clean and ironed, shoes polished and socks should be clean. Long hair should be two plaited (For Girls)
Parents, Please Note:-
- Please check the diary regularly to find out the assignments that have been given or any remarks by the Principal, Vice Principal or Teachers.
- Please ensure that your child pays sincere attention to the neatness in his / her appearance and in his / her work.
- Parents are requested to be vigilant regarding the literature, friends and companions that your child chooses. Please supervise the television programmes your child views and the amount of time spent on viewing these programs daily. Use of internet is to be monitored by you.
- Parents or guardians are not allowed to enter the classrooms or meet the teachers during school hours unless they have written permission from the Principal. No student is allowed to remain absent without authorization. The name of the student who remains absent from school for more than 30 days without any intimation , will be struck off from the school records.
- The Management and staff will play a vital role in the development of your child. But kindly ensure that your child studies systematically and completes his / her assignment in time to enable him/her to make satisfactory progress in his / her studies.